Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Eve

I spent my night Downtown....working.   I am amazed at how busy Downtown has become at night.  Despite bitter cold I saw lines of people outside of a few establishments waiting to get in.   While Canal Park used to be the main attraction, I have noticed a steady increase in the number of bars and clubs Downtown.  It is good to see it so alive. 

I am also happy to say there were no major incidents.  A couple of drunks arguing here and there, a fist fight in a gas station, a trip to detox, a couple of drunk engineers from out of town fell into a 7 foot gum ball machine and sent it spilling on the floor (the janitors were not happy with that one and the engineers were appropriately embarrassed and are going to pay for the damage), a runaway, broken down car and catching up with a few of the guys who were keeping our streets safe was about it before I went home for the night.  I drifted off to sleep thinking how much I miss working the street.....

No comments:

Post a Comment