Saturday, May 12, 2012

Night Shift

I spent some time on the street last night.  Every time I work patrol I realize how much I miss it.  I look at things through a different lense now.  Like most adrenaline junky cops I always loved the major calls, like fights, robberies etc. However, I now would much prefer to not have those calls as it means crime and disorder-something our folks are working hard to prevent.  

Anyhow, the five hours I spent out were well worth it.  A chance to connect with some folks I never get to see and an opportunity to see how things are  looking well after dark.  Shift A was visible and very proactive in their efforts.   And for me it was reassuring to be assigned a dog barking call instead of a robbery or fight at midnight.  Things are good on the night shift....

No comments:

Post a Comment