Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What you won't hear or read about in the news

Here's an excerpt from an email I received today...Proud of our cops!

Chief Ramsay,

My name is XXX XXX. I am an artist, poet and film producer in the beautiful city of Duluth. I set this email pretty straight forward with the subject line, but first off I'd like to say a few things.
I have lived all over the country. In ghettos on the west coast and with the wealthy on the east, but my home is the ...Midwest and truly- Duluth. There are many reasons I choose to live here. Most are obvious, but one seems to be missed by the majority of my peers, mainly due to our current culture and the entrenchment of young people in the "drug game". That reason is, put simply, you guys rock.
The Duluth Police Department is the most respectful, humane, and relatable Police force I have ever encountered. Here in our city, I actually Believe that you are here to help because I see it in the Officers I have encountered. They speak to me like I'm a citizen, not a criminal (because I'm an artist and I look like one, often mistaken for "hippie").
Duluth Officers are approachable, and often I ask them taboo questions to which they answer very genuinely because there is an equal exchange of respect between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment